Follow these simple steps to refund a transaction.
All transactions processed through Cashflow are refunded via the "Receivables History". Follow the instruction below to refund a transaction:
- From the "Main Menu", click on "Receive".
- In the "Receive Payments" section, click on "Receivables History".
- Search for the transaction you wish to refund and click on it. This will bring you to the "Transaction Details" page.
- Find the "Action Button" represented by a circle with 3 dots inside on the right side under the "Transaction Log". Click on it and then Click on "Refund payment".
- You will see a confirmation window asking you "Are you sure you want to REFUND PAYMENT?" Adjust the amount if you want to do a partial refund or keep the same amount for a full refund and confirm the refund by clicking the "Refund Payment" button.
About Void Transactions
Void is a type of refund that may only be used when the transaction is pending or in an open batch. The funds are held for you and are set to be deposited in your account. Voiding a transaction returns the money to the card like a refund.
It is possible to refund a transaction using the VOID or REFUND button. If the transaction has not been settled yet, you will be able to void the transaction. By design, a partial void is not possible.
If the transaction has been settled (deposited in the bank account) the void function/ button will not be available to you. You have up to 6 months to refund a transaction.